Tuesday 18 September 2018

Digital Fluency Week 9

What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

Ubiquitous learning is one of the four Manaiakalani kaupapa words - rewindable learning has been scaffolded in my classroom through my class site. I have a student who was overseas and access to the class site helped her and her parents to keep up with what the class was doing - however I have received feedback where some of the areas of the site were not accessible so this is something I have fixed.  

What did I learn that could be used with my learners?

I am excited to be able to go back to school after completing this course and confidently use the google apps with my class and integrate them into my learning programmes. We are about to begin blogging next week and I feel equipped to teach this aspect after completing this course. We will discuss the Digital Citizenship aspect of begin respectful and behaving properly online. I am excited that my students will now be able to 'share' their learning and creation through their blogs and look forward to embedding the 'learn, create, share' philosophy within my classroom. 

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

I feel a lot more confident to share my learning and thoughts publicly with fellow colleagues who may be interested in what I post. Also building a network with teachers from other schools in the Te Hiku Cluster has been very rewarding. 












2 comments:

  1. Lovely reflection Dani, so pleased you are feeling more confident with visible learning. Your site is looking fabulous and I'm sure your students will find it really engaging. Are you signed up with Tania for the Tuhi Mai Tuhi Ahu programme next term? That would be a great way to engage your students through their blogs at the same time giving them a real authentic audience to interact with. You have done so well, ka pai 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka pai Dani-you really are a star and the kids and whanau in room 9 (and me) are so lucky to have you as their teacher! You embody the learn create share pedagogy and I thank you for all your mahi on this intensive and with you tamariki.

    ReplyDelete