Tuesday 18 September 2018

Digital Fluency Week 4 (Catch Up Session)

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

The introduction to Google Forms and Spreadsheets was excellent! Thanks very much to Kerry, Dave and Dorothy for making the recording of this session accessible to those of us who were unable to participate in this session. I feel a lot more confident with the basics of creating different types of questions in forms and dealing with the data through sheets. It was also great to see how impressive the predictive AI technology google has and I can definitely see this saving lots of time. My previous experiences with forms and sheets was literally filling them out - which is not much help in the classroom. Learning how to find the average and freeze rows and cells is also very handy to know and I am excited to use these features when collecting and analysing in my students' assessment data for the end of the year.

What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

I am keen to use forms to gather student feedback on their attitudes towards learning and how I can improve classroom learning programmes. I am also interested in using forms to question students as part of the teaching inquiry I am about to start through Mindlab which is focused on 'using blended learning approaches to accelerate student achievement levels in writing.' 

Once I become more confident with using forms I would like to encourage my students to try making forms to quiz each other in either literacy or numeracy.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

I look forward to converting the data entered onto sheets into graphs to show a more visual picture as I think this will make data a lot easier to interpret rather than just a whole heap of number on a page which I often find to be overwhelming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment